1.07.2009

No Accent Tom?

Probably because the reenactment actors didn't speak. No worries though, you're quite believable as a german Nazi with a neutral American accent.


I'm sure that Tom Cruise is dedicated to his line of work, and because of this I'm sure he does all the proper research a role requires before he starts playing a German Nazi with no German accent.

Good thing you're paid the big bucks Tom.

With that said, I decided that Tom sat down one night with a bowl of popcorn and watched the Discovery Channel Documentary, Unsolved History: Killing Hitler. This my dear friends is so amusing because Tom studied my fiance's performance as the famed Clause Von Stauffenberg.

To think, Tom and Katie sitting at home (on what I can only picture in my imagination to be a yellow leather couch) studying Brian's every move and mannerism. Then Tom jumping up and shouting "But he doesn't do an accent! I too shall have no accent!"

This my friends is how a character is born.

What was that? You too want to learn how to be Claus Von Stauffenberg? Ok!


(skip to 6 minutes and 50 seconds)



1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post Nicky! I love when actors of Cruise's 'status' don't go the extra mile...like Kevin Costner in his heyday, after Field of Dreams, doing Robin Hood. Every one in the film was British, complete with accents and he couldn't even be bothered to fake it. Brian did a bang up job! : D

    ReplyDelete