12.27.2008

Give Me... Movie Reviews!

Keeping in line with a traditional Jewish Christmas I took my time waking up in the morning, ate a bagel for breakfast and decided to catch a movie followed by a sushi dinner. I was really excited to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button on opening day, and now I regret being so curious myself.

"The movie flows gracefully along, unrushed but ever forward, like time itself. And New Orleans' lovely old neighborhoods and romantic ambiance form the ideal locale for a gently fantastical tale."



To say "the movie flowed gracefully along" is a nice (very nice) way of saying it was sooooo freakin' long! Unbelievable! 2 hours and 40 minutes? Brad Pitt, do you know what I could be doing with that valuable time I'll never get back? I could ride the 1 train from 242nd St. to South Ferry and back and then once more. I would also be more entertained by the people getting on and off the train than you and God-awful Cate Blanchett. She bored me to death.



And yes New Orleans was beautiful and serene but I have vowed to never visit there unless I want to sleep my days away.



You know what Brad Pitt? As adorable you may be to look at, you suck. Even your beauty can't save you from the lack of enthusiasm and talent obviously missing from this film. I'm actually supposed to believe that you have any other emotion in this movie besides indifference? Really?!

Why oh why Mr. Pitt have you been unable to put out a good movie since, um, I'll go with Legends of the Fall?



What's that? Your too busy being a dad to that horde of children flying around the world with your anorexic wife never settling in one spot long enough for your children to be enrolled in a full year of school? That must be it.



Now you Miss. Blanchett. I've nothing more to say to you than................... oh sorry, I fell asleep thinking about your performance.



I'll never understand how this movie was nominated for any award. Ugh.



Brad Pitt you owe me $30. This is cover the cost of my ticket for this movie and the train wreck you made before this, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.



Tsk tsk Brad. Tsk tsk.




No comments:

Post a Comment